Friday, June 18, 2004

Stoooooooooooooopid.

Stupid;
Slow to learn or understand; obtuse.
Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes.
Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake.
Dazed, stunned, or stupefied.
Pointless; worthless: a stupid job.


An entire day of my life trying to set a single image as a background that does not tile in Dreamweaver. That's time I will never get back, yanno. A whole day wherein all I suceeded in doing was frustrating myself (and others, with my questions and bickering) to the point that I had to admit defeat because I am too fucking dumb to make a silly little computer progrma to a simple function that I KNOW how to do. And I did it right, it just won't comply, and I have absofuckinglootly no idea why.

Two program manuals at my disposal. A plethora of help files and online tutorials. Nada. Just. Can. Not. Do. It.

I dislike computers almost as much as I dislike sewing machines. I can use them both on a very basic level, but it's like my head is designed to only hold a limited amount of information before brain automatically shuts down and protests the absorbtion of anything new.

The problem, you see, if I am a bit of a control freak. And a perfectionist. If I can't make something work just as I want it, I'd just as soon not play the game at all as have to compromise and do something in a way other then how I had pictured it.

The only problem with this is not completeing the task I originally set out to makes me feel like an utter failure. And...did I mention Stupid?

No comments: