Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I should have stayed in bed

The girlfriend went back to her first night shift in months last night, after months of daytime classwork. So I slept only fitfully all night, as the bed felt big and empty without her.

Woke up too groggy to contemplate breakfast so poured a coffee in a travel mug intending to eat at the office.

Got to station in time to see the train pulling away. While waiting for the next train, I realized I had left my coffee on the kitchen counter at home. Normally 50 minute journey took 95 minutes, due to multiple long stopages waiting for faulty signals on the tracks.

Got to work to be told of massive, company wide non voluntary redundancies. Our dept is one of lucky ones- we are losing at least 3 of our 14 team. And the kicker is we do not know who. They are planning to tell people on a one to one basis throughout the week. I'm fairly certain that I am secure, but until the announcements are all complete, I won't feel safe. And the suckful thing is even if I am safe, someone I know will be upset before the week is over.

It was a rough atmosphere to work in today.


And come home to find another drama from the real estate agent, who is trying to oncharge us for an emergency plumer bill.

Tommorow will be better. Right?

No comments: