Friday, February 24, 2012

Bursting!

Belly is too full of too much Indian food. Blergh!

Had a "stop-start, rewind" kind of morning. Got up early, left the girl dozing in the warm comfy bed, headed to train station to see train puling away. Pulled over, went to call Tiff to tell her I would be taking the car to work, only to find I left my phone at home. Drove home. got phone, told the now awake girl I was taking car, and off I set for the drive into the city.

5 kms away from home, I noticed the digital readout of gar consumption had gone down by 30 kms. Turn around, go home again, park the car on the road and have Tiff come out and drive me to work in the other care, because mine clearly has a leak in the fuel line.

Three attempts to get out of the house almost had me call in sick. Almost, but curiosity got the better of me. The axe is still falling in NSW, so I'm still not sure what the fallout for my accounts will be yet. Once I know who's been cut, I'll have to prepare a few things and get to know some replacements, then train them to see things my way:)

What a day, what a week. I'm glad there was good food, ready access to good wine, and a fantastic girl to snuggle with at the end of it all.

No comments: