Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Bet ya didn't know...

Koala pee smells like skunk spray. See, I bet a lot of you reading this did not know that, did you?

Something else some of you might not know? I’m getting married. Small, very informal ‘do; we will just grab a couple friends to act as witnesses and head to a local JP. After its all done we will call round to other friends and some family and drag them all out to a pub for steaks and pints. No fuss no muss. We don’t want to make a big deal over something that’s not going to change the relationship any. Save the stress involved with planning a big thing, and save the cash to maybe travel a bit later next year. I want to show the boi what London is all about.

And I have a new job. An actual, salaried job I mean….had forgotten what that was like, having worked contractually for a few years now. When the job offer was made, I took it on the assumption I’d have to play growed-up; take out some of the piercings, do something with my technicoloured hair. But nope! Was flattered as fuck when the boss compared me to Pauley Paulette, as she appears in the “Abby” character from N.C.I.S. So I’m doing the corporate goth thang. It’s working well. New dreads soon, too. Yay!

I’ve acclimatized. The summer heat has passed, and I was disgusted to find myself heading to the office in a cotton shirt AND a fleece jumper. The temperature was 26 degrees celsius. That’s just not right. 26 is summer weather back home, and would have been enough to have me bitching about the heat. And yet, here I am, clothing shopping and checking out wool jumpers and leather jackets. WTF?

I’ve been thinking about school again. I miss being a student. Think I will look into some courses for the new year. Problem is there is so much that interests me. Before I look into more serious schooling, I’ll think I will hunt around for a short course in digital photography basics though. Mine’s busted, I don’t like the boi’s cam, and so I’ve been coveting a couple of new models for a month or two now; buying a new one should be enough of an excuse to do a proper course.

No comments: