Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Beating a dead horse

Just a quick note for those concerned about recent roadblocks and whatnot.

Former partner has gotten a little legal advice which says that he should launch an appeal of the decision, supplementing the application with evidence backing up the length of our estrangement.

So this morning was a flurry phone calls and emails and signings, with me scanning my passport to back up how often and for how long I was out of Norway, the writing of affidavits attesting to the fact that our break up occurred long before we got around to actively signing a separation agreement, along with documentation showing my intent to marry here in Australia; which should put to rest any concerns the Norwegian government might have about a possible reconciliation.

He’ll submit all of this in the afternoon, in person, and then begins the process of…well waiting. Yipeee!

Have, in the meantime, gotten divorce papers drawn up and officially witnessed for an application to be made here in Australia if the Norwegian appeal does not work. It will be an even longer shot here; I’d have to find a way to prove I consider Australia home; difficult as I’ve only been in the country 9 months, and will be booted out in three more. But tis worth even a slim shot, I suppose.

If only Las Vegas WERE around the corner! All countries should have their own Vegas; a centre of debauchery, in which citizens from all over could flock, like Mecca, to waste away their hard earned cash, get a headache from flouro lighting, get married by Elvis impersonators and be divorced with the snap of their fingers. I’ll just grab my polyester leisure suit, adopt a loud, annoyingly piercing voice and stock up on disposable cameras now, just in case.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will either find a way, or make one - Hannibal.

P xx