Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Get thee to an aeroplane!

Whirlwind few weeks. My ex was in town, and staying with me and the boi. Yeah...no potentional for anything to go horrifically wrong there, huh? Sorry to dissapoint you; but no Jerry Springer show arose from the visit; the ex was on good behavior (relaively speaking), and the loved-up shmoopy boi himself was playing it up by wisely being his most positive helpful self. I'm thinking of apponting him for sainthood.

Finally got to Sydney. Spent two days congradulating myself on having perfect intuition yet again regarding accomidation; the place i picked online turned out to be PERFECTLY situated right in freak central, but one block over making it absolutely quiet when we wanted to sleep, yet only steps aay from 24 hour people waching. Got to do most things on the adgenda; but did not make it UP the bridge; the observation center was closed when we were there. Also missed out on a nighttime harbour cruise, due to sloppy planning and exhaustion.

Spent a weekend north, flaked out on a beach. Spend some time on a boat tour, which took us dolphin, dugong and sea turtle watching, as well as snorkelling on some shipwrecks. Cool as fuck; but also more then a little scarey at times. I'm a dork. Things looming up at me from out of the deep kept making me panic, resulting in me floundering about and sucking in water. The boys had a minor testosterone competition when bravely atttepting sandtoboganning form a fuck off big dune. The boi was only hurt a little and hid it very well, so his ego remains intact.

Valentines day was a quiet one, free from the hallmark -inspired trappings that i detest so much. It was still my most enjoyable one to date. And i further thumbed my nose at convention by going off and buying the boi a ring. Ha! I laugh at your gender conventions!

pics of all the adventures to appear shortly, i promise.

No comments: