Friday, August 27, 2004

Settling in

Fuck me! Pineapples grow on the bloody ground, and not in trees. Did you know that? please sign the guestbook and leave an "Aye, you daft cunt, of course they do" or a "Get the fuck out?! Blimey, that's clever" message. I really want to know if i am the only one who had visions of them growing high atop a tree. The boi and his mother had a great chuckle at my incredulity at the phenomenon a few days ago.

I have now petted a kangaroo...and a koala... i think that's pretty much and Aussie equivalent of the newfie "screeching in", so now it feels as though i am actually here, and not just dreaming. Will throw up some pics at some point over the next week and link you to them.

Have made a great discovery on how to be rid of little people vermin...when said unknown whiney-arsed snot-nosed rugrat is sitting in front of you grumbing about not being able to see the tiger demonstration being given below? It's a good bet that leaning in to say "well come up and stand in this empty seat next to me" will leave the little bastard first staring wide eyed, then shutting the fuck up but quick and running into his parents arms crying about the "strange lady" talking to him. Works a treat, that.

Have discovered with great amusement how quickly kidlets can become confused. I've always had a weird assed magnet effect with small children, they seemed drawn to me. The boi tends to make small people burst into tears. Watching strange little spawn look from one of us to the other not knowing wether to approach and pet me, or run wailing is a tad amusing.

Running the risk of inviting a multitude of puppy" jokes, it is becoming apparent that i need a chew toy. While the boi asured me before my arrival he likes being bitten, what i have discovered since arriving is "i like being bitten", when translated from wombat to puppy actually means "if you do more then gum me in the gentlest of fashions i will whine like a biatch and show any teethmarks to passing strangers as evidence of abuse." Bah.Ironically, it does not stop him from nearly ripping chunks from me. Fucker bites harder then anyone else i've ever some across.

I also seem to be having some difficulty in convincing him that i am NOT, in fact, a toy put here for his amusment.

On the other hand, i am infinetely amused as the rampant geek in him does inner battle with the perve. A particular favourite of mine is to snugle up to him while he watches one of his random geeky tv shows. He practically gets whiplash turning from tv to me, in an obvious conundrum over the fact that on one side of him lies geekdom in the form of "Stargate" and on the other? There is a woman in his bed. What to do what to do?*snickering* So cute!

In other news, this weird assed rollable rubber mat of a keyboard he boi has? appears to be waterproof. thats what i get for drinking while typing. Ummm...it was due for a cleaning anyway? I only spilled a teeny bit and it's all still working? I love you? bunches? But tia laruso in ice coffee is scrummy.

I probably should considering looking for work soon though. playing hooky while shopping and gardening and housebitching lots probably does not count, huh? I guess its a matter of me becoming bored to the point where i will go crazy unless i find somehing else to do. thus far i've been keeping relatively occupied exploring and relaxing.

pineapples. on the fucking ground, man. it's odd the things that blow my mind.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Must be a Newfoundland thing, I was sure they grew in trees like coconuts and Bologna

*kiss*
G

Anonymous said...

I always wondered why I'd never seen a pineapple tree on my travels. Have you considered that they may only grow from the ground in Oz - the upside down effect and all that. More importantly, has anybody told the Man from Del Monte yet??

Anonymous said...

You know... I *didn't* know that, actually. And I'm smart! I thought they grew on trees... Blimey init fuck.

Hope you're having fun, nikkster. Keep in touch, eh :)

The Black Spider. AKA 'puppy-bitch' for some annoyingly-unknown reason. Meh.