Monday, November 06, 2006

26 days to go!

So the tickets are paid for, the hotels and rental cars are reserved, and everything is a go for the big upcoming trip. Just over three weeks to go and we've already packed out backpacks, which are sitting expectantly at the end of the bed, reflecting the anxiousness that is us.

And as an added bonus gift, I have learned that when I return, I no longer have a job. Company is being sold, and out we all go. How's that for a send off gift? "Enjoy your holidays! and subsequent unemployment"!

I'm fiddling with the idea of starting a small business on my return. The boi is terribly supportive, and certain it will explode and we will be rolling in success and money inside a year. He's already planning to quit his job and make me his sugarmamma, coming to work as my biatchboi while finishing his degree.

Not that there's any pressure, or anything.

I'm mixed about it all. With 5 grand for new equipment and marketing, I'm more then confident I can pull it of. As things stand, with no capital, and second rate (in my opinion) equipment, I'm really fucking nervous about wetherI will have the balls to pull this off. Doubting myself will not lend itself to a good sales pitch, either.

Stress over money and plans to move again in the near future means my face is broken out and splotchy like a teenagers. Sexy!

And yet, several days ago, I tossed all cares and concerns out the window. I am determined to enjoy the trip with every ounce of my being, and debt be damned. I've waited too long as it is, and the travel bug and friend-sickness will wait no longer. So off we went today for vaccinations (to protect from all the nasties on the Asian portion of the trip), and giggly-excited we are about the entire thing.

Our credit cards will smoke and combust by the time we are through, but damnit, we are in for a riot of a time.

Clear your calendars and pack away your breakables; hurricane Nikki is on it's way.

2 comments:

Davonshire said...

Horray horray horray horray horray!!!!!

unfoldingsoul said...

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!