Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Snap

I’ve decided I’m going to become a Japanese Tourist. From now on, I will wander about with a camera perpetually grafted to a strap around my neck. That way I won’t miss capturing moments like the one I missed out on this morning.

Driving into the office this morning, stuck at a traffic light, bouncing about to Will Smith’s “Switch” on the radio, and watching a dad and his kid also waiting for the light to change so they can proceed across the crosswalk.

She was sitting on his shoulders, in her school uniform, complete with silly hat (Aussie school uniforms (the link is a typical example)don’t inspire naughty schoolgirl fantasies, trust me!), and he was wearing a classic dark business suit. She was playing the drums on top of his bald head, completely ruining the badass look he almost had going, what with his matrix-inspired sunglasses and all.

And then the light changed, and he crossed the street in front of me.

He was wearing her “wiggles” backpack.

It was intensely beautiful.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's brill to have a "cool " Dad! I remeber well getting bonus points at school for having a good looking pater who wore leather jackets.

You'r right about the camera - get one of those credit card digicam affairs and tuck it down your top.

P x

Davonshire said...

The Wiggles Rock!

Anonymous said...

Ohh, we've got a Wiggles backpack too. They rawk.

Did I mention we're going to see them twice this year? :D

~Shali x

Anonymous said...

Forget about faking jap tourist..
Can't be done....

With a dozen of cameras hanging down your neck + your massive boobage - your center of gravity would shift OUTSIDE your body...

Think phisics, schmoops!

Davonshire said...

definitely time for an update!!!!