Friday, May 13, 2005

Shifting Gears.

So having finally gotten tired of getting information from Norweay through former partnmer, I called the government office there myself.

And discovered that as of the 19th of April, the decision was made to not grant the divorce application, and that there simply is not a way around this decision.

So. Plan B. Former partner received divorce papers from me last night. Today he is to have them signed and witnessed and couriered back to me. I will apply here, but the earlier Hearing date with local courts is likely to be in mid July.

Providing they are satisfied with the application, and are in agreement, they issue right there on the spot a 'decree nisi'. After a period of 1 month and 1 day, without dispute from either partner, this decree automatically becomes 'absolute' (final), and THEN the bastardly boi and I can proceed with plans.

This all cuts everything to the bone, time wise. A month from mid July puts me over the time that I have to leave the country.

I cannot make an appointment to launch an application to immigration without having the decree absolute. And getting an appointment to launch an application is haphazard. It could be the next day, it could be a month, it just depends on how many appointments are requested at that time; and that fluctuates wildly and is unpredictable. The same system is used for ALL incoming immigrants, regardless of status. So if I luck into a quiet day, it could be fast. If there is a boatload
of refugees, it could be ages.

I'm seriously looking at booking me a flight to New Zealand on the 12th of August - that is the date I have to leave Aus. Once in NZ, I can apply for a visitors visa to Australia and enter on that. The problem with this plan is immigration offers an extension of the applicants CURRENT visa while they make a decision. The problem is by that time, the visa I will be on is a visitors visa, not a working holidaymaker; so that means I will not have the right to legally work. And again, they don't know how long to process; a month to two is the general standard, but not guaranteed.

If immigration reject the application (a possibility, asd, due to all the questionable timing, it is going to look like we are trying to cheat the system and are not an actual couple. they have right to use discretion about these matters if there is the slightest suspicion of wrongdoing), then Sean and I will go to Canada.

The moral of the story?

The internet thingy is a bad, bad, bad idea. Stay far, far away. Don't talk to anyone long; once you start thinking they are kinda cool - run screaming. Finding the other half of your soul lives on the other side of the globe means more hassel then you can possibly imagine.

Dicking someone never used to be this involved. Remember the good 'ol days? Where you went courting with the nice boy down the street and providing he was not a bum and your dad approved, you could go the chapekl and have a white picket fence.

Why coulden't I have found me a nice caveman to knock me over the head with a club and a grunt and haul me off by me hair?

Oh no! I have to fall for some near perfect boithing who has a strange obsession for smurfs and wombats but does not have the bloody decency to have a passport like my own. Bastard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The best boys are always at least an ocean or continent way. It is a vast conspiracy.