Wednesday, January 05, 2005

A year in review

New things is did that scared me in 2004;

-Learned a lesson in patience. Gave up control; handed a relationship over to the fates and hoped for the best, instead off fighting tooth and nail to save things.

-Accepted that I am not responsible for the happieness(or lack thereof) of my ex.

-Drafted, re-drafted, re-re-drafted, finalized, then signed, an official separation agreement.

_Became a single person for the first time in my adult life. Revelled in the freedom once i stopped being terrified.

-told my father my marriage was over.

-tried casual sex, casual relationships, being the beta in a poly relationship. Failed at all three. Learned from all three too.

-Threw out belongings. I've alays been a packrat- trust me, this was scarey.

-Had my clithood pierced. Discovered i could spiderwalk in the proccess.

-Rode a rollercoaster. Had eyes closed from the first rise all the way to the end, but still.

-Touched a crocodile.

-Began a relationship in which i was not in control.

-packed my life into a couple of bags and moved around the world; with no plan, no job, no apartment. No clue.


I loved the year, overall. I learned more about myself and my abilities then I had learned any other year of my life. I can't wait to see what 2005 will bring.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

RAH RAH RAH - fucking fabulous, all of it! Have a bloody grand 2005, and love to Scottah. Paula xx

Anonymous said...

I meant Scootah - not Scottah *snigger*. And I can't believe you didn't have a roller coaster ride til 2004. If ONLY you had said before *smirk*......

stroppywenchnikki said...

P; i love you dearly.

But I'm terrified of heights; and theres no way on earth i would voluntarilly reveal any of my phobias to you when standing in arms reach :P