Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Wanderlust





I love this track. Sean sent it to me when he and I were still an online promise of things to come, and I fell in love with the melancholic beauty of it's lyrics. It captures so much of what I feel as someone who has traveled so much, lived in so many cities, left so many friends behind.

A few weeks ago, I was missing my grandmother's jam. A couple of days ago I got an invite to my friend's upcoming birthday party home in Newfoundland. Last night, I had a chat with Paula.

All things combined, today I'm restless. I miss my people. I want to bring my husband, my girlfriend on a trip around the world and show them all my favourite places, favourite spaces, favourite faces.

Life is tremendously good right now.I feel blessed, lucky, peaceful and content with my lot in life. Summer is just rolling in, my coursework is nearly done, our social life is, if anything a little TOO full at the moment. I'm surrounded by happiness and love.

So why is it that I have the overwhelming urge to leave it all and go somewhere?

No comments: